Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Sand, Sea and Me!
Sand, Sea and Me!
Hey, Welcome to my blog! I am a second-year Marketing Student at Ulster University and I wanted to blog about something I love, something that makes me happy and that is the beach and the sea.
White Rocks, the tight windy road down to the beach, the sandy boardwalk, and the signature white rocks all add together to make this beach such a beautiful spot. Not to mention the sand dunes of this beach overlooking Royal Portrush golf course where all the world’s best golfers came to play in The Open Championships in 2019. But my most favourite thing about White Rocks (minus the waves) is the stunning natural architecture made by coastal erosion with the archways and caves further down the beach. Making it such an ideal place for pretty photos and beach birthday parties. Oh, back to the summer nights sitting on the sand surrounded by friends toasting marshmallows on the campfire. When all around is darkening, hearing the waves crashing in the background, the smell of marshmallows toasting and the crackle of the fire as the orangey red flame flickers upwards into the night sky. On a clear night, it is perfect to lie back and watch the stars.
One of my favourite hobbies is surfing! And White Rocks is one of my most favourite places to surf. The adrenaline when you see a good wave coming and getting into position as you know you are in for a speedy ride. For me the ocean is a place to completely de-stress you just forget about everything, the world seems to stop as it's just you, your board, and the vast Atlantic Ocean. Summer surfing is fab, but Autumn/winter surfing just hits differently, because the beaches are practically deserted. I do believe that when people say the sea is warmer in the autumn time, I believe this is true as the water gets warmed up during the summer months so in early autumn time the sea is at its warmest.
Also,
to add it is very important to have at least one person with you just in case
something happens, like in all sports it is possible to get badly injured when
surfing, something I know too well. An overly powerful wave knocking you off
and your board landing on your head or getting a whack across the face, that’s
why I opt for a foam top board as an accident-prone me it can be less damaging
than a hardboard hitting you.
I love my fashion too, quite a random change of the subject, but I promise it’s related. For me any beach trip I like to have a good outfit going on. For my most recent autumn surf day I wore this warm, and very colourful Paco jumper, which I bought off a friend’s Depop shop, plain thermal leggings as it's chilly in October, and of course my baby blue crocs to finish the look.
Keep an eye out for the next blog where I will be explaining the different types of boards and some surfing tips. :)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments





I really enjoyed reading this!
ReplyDelete